Wayne State University Shiffman Medical Library Presents . . .
Community Conversations on Health
Medical Studies & Me: Myths & Reality
Join the Community Conversation about . . .
• What are medical studies and clinical trials
• The value of medical research
• What questions to ask
• Protecting volunteers
In Recognition of Black History Month . . .
WHEN: 1:00 – 3:00 pm Saturday, February 19, 2011
WHERE: Wayne State University Margherio Conference Center
320 East Canfield St, Detroit MI 48201 (Enter at Brush St)
Joining the Conversation . . .
• JENA BAKER-CALLOWAY, MPH, Community Health Educator, WSU / Karmanos Cancer Institute
• BONITA LEAVELL, PhD, Research Associate, WSU Internal Medicine / John D. Dingell VA Medical Center
• LOUIS PENNER, PhD, WSU Department of Oncology / Karmanos Cancer Institute
• & YOU
Light Refreshments & Door Prize
RSVP by February 16
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 313-577-6666
Leave your NAME, # attending, your PHONE and/or EMAIL contact
This event is part of the Detroit Public Library’s 2011 One Book One Community
Program, featuring The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.
Book talk with author scheduled for March 26, 2011 at DPL.
This project has been funded in part by the National Library of Medicine under Contract No. NO1-LM-6-3503 with the University of Illinois at Chicago, Library of the Health Sciences and the Wayne State University Medical Library Community Engagement Outreach Program