When research opportunities arise, researchers need an efficient way to identify the right collaborators. But personal connections can sometimes be too narrow, word of mouth too slow and collecting and maintaining a centralized system too expensive and time consuming.
The WSU Division of Research in collaboration with the University Library System now makes available a new tool that offers up a quick solution, WSU ResearchConnect . Through visualization of relevant concepts, ResearchConnect makes available a searchable database of the distinctive expertise of hundreds of researchers across the university.
- Delivers a searchable database of research profiles from across most WSU disciplines making it easier to find experts and enable collaboration.
- Explores profiles developed and pre-populated with publication histories from the Scopus® database that can be integrated with additional content such as grants, patents, book s, and creative works reflecting the expertise of WSU faculty.
- Makes researcher’s output and expertise more discoverable within the institution , throughout the SciVal Experts Community, and nationally to the DIRECT2experts and VIVO networks
- Provides answers to questions like
- What new publications have been produced at WSU and by whom?
- Who is working together?
- With which internal and external organizations are we collaborating?
For more information about WSU Research Connect contact: