Wayne State University
University Library Committee
January 25, 2000 Minutes
Present: R. Slaughter, D. Drucker, J. Mosely, V. Neale, M. Newcomb, J. Woodyard, R. Holley, L. Sutton
1. Minutes of the December 21 meeting were approved. Committee members recommended they not be distributed as MS Word attachments in the future.
2. J. Woodyard summarized progress on the ULC website. The University Libraries have pledged to provide resources to keep the site current and useful by calling in additional staff resources. Suggested changes identified to date will be implemented in advance of the next meeting.
3. The Provost has asked R. Holley to take the lead in formation of a campus-wide Copyright Committee, including a draft charge and categories of membership. ULC commended such action and suggested that the work of such a committee could also be publicized on the ULC website.
4. R. Holley gave ULC a preview of his PowerPoint presentation "The Wayne State University Libraries and the WSU Research Mission," which is scheduled to be given to the WSU Research Deans. Committee members gave detailed and useful recommendations that will be incorporated into the final version.
5. Student Council has not yet appointed a student representative to the committee.
Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, February 22 from 2:00 — 4:00 pm.