Giving to the Library System
The Wayne State University Library System welcomes donations in the form of financial contributions supporting the University Libraries, the Shiffman Medical Library, the Neef Law Library, the Office for Teaching and Learning, and the School of Library and Information Science (SLIS). Your contributions to the Library System help to:
- enhance print and electronic collections, the information resources that are at the heart of scholarly communication process and are integral to research and publication;
- upgrade online systems to assure enhanced client access to needed resources;
- support professional development for the system staff so that each person can be more successful as an individual and contribute more effectively to the organization;
- provide needed scholarships for deserving School of Library and Information Science students so that faculty can continue to recruit the best possible applicants;
- underwrite awards to stimulate and encourage the staff in their work; and
- fund special projects that help to expand the capability of the organization while providing better access, teaching, learning, or programming for the Wayne State University community, the larger metropolitan Detroit community, Michigan, and the United States.
Wayne State University Libraries advance scholarship, student learning and faculty innovation through continuous development of a library that serves as a national model for a research University with an urban teaching and service mission.