(WSU Affiliates Only)
Through the generosity of Thomson Reuters, Wayne State University now has an educational license to the Micromedex Healthcare Series & CareNotes for instructional programs for students and faculty in the health sciences. This web based resource also has content for your mobile device from Thomson Clinical Expert which includes calculators and information on diseases, laboratory tests, drugs, interactions, alternative medicine, toxicology, news and alerts.
At the request of Thomson Reuters, computer access to Micromedex products has been limited to building use only in the Mazurek Education Commons, Cohn, Applebaum and Scott Hall building. Mobile device users can access information without location restriction.
Apps on Apple® and Android® Devices
Simple instructions for installation:
- Obtain the password from the Micromedex website (Building access only) or contact Shiffman Medical Library (313-577-1094 /firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
- Visit the App Store or Google Play from your device and search Micromedex, or use the link above.
- From the app preview page, select the FREE button. You may be prompted to enter your Apple or Google ID.
- The app will download to your app library, or directly to your device.
- Open the app. Enter the password you obtain from Micromedex website or Shiffman Medical Library to begin using Micromedex app.
Web-based Access to the Micromedex 2.0 for iPad®/iPhone®/iPod®Touch, Android and Blackberry® 3G Users
Login and access Micromedex 2.0 site via a wireless connection. Get authentication information each quarter via a computer in one of locations mentioned above.
- Open your mobile browser (Click here for a list of supported browsers)
- Go to http://www.micromedexsolutions.com/micromedex2/librarian
- Enter your authentication information (see instructions on how to obtain the password above) and find answers to your clinical questions related to drug, diseases, laboratory test information, alternative medicines and toxicology.
Note: After entering the authentication information, it will last for the current quarter on your device. At the end of the quarter you will need to return to this site and obtain a new username and password.
For further assistance regarding downloading, installing, or accessing this application, please contact:
- Call Truven Health Analytics at 877-843-6796 for assistance.
- Contact Shiffman Medical Library at 313-577-1094 or email@example.com for assistance.
Last edited: 04/07/2014