Learning @ Shiffman
Shiffman Medical Library (SML) offers a variety of education and instruction services for WSU School of Medicine, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, and other faculty, staff and students interested in the health sciences. Shiffman librarians are pleased to assist our patrons in learning about health sciences information resources and developing skills that can be useful for research, scholarship, teaching, clinical care and academic success.
SML instructional workshops are designed to provide customized, classroom style training for WSU faculty, students, and staff. Workshops are conducted for groups of five or more individuals. Workshop topics include but are not limited to the following:
- EndNote Citation Management Software
- PubMed: Timesaving Features
- Research Tools: Collexis, Community of Scholars, and Digital Commons
- Where's that Article: A How-to Session
A consultation provides an opportunity for WSU faculty, students and staff to meet with a Shiffman reference librarian for in-depth, individualized assistance with library research, reference, and resources. Individual and small group consultations (groups of four or less individuals) are provided in the following areas, but not limited to:
- Access library material off campus, remote access
- EndNote: Manage article citations and publications
- Improve skills for literature searching
- Integrate library resources into classroom instruction
- Locate e-journals, e-books, and health sciences databases
- Navigate the Shiffman Medical Library website
- Order articles and books
Online Learning Resources
Consult the Tutorials page to find tutorials on topics, such as CINAHL, EndNote, PubMed, SPSS, and Web of Science.
Library Guides are subject related web pages featuring resources and services in an area of focus.
Learn how to locate and request full text articles using PubMed, Citation Linker, and ArticleReach.
Review Shiffman Medical Library's Community Health Information Services to learn about services for community based organizations and individuals.