Shiffman Medical Library
Study Rooms /
Room Reservation Request
For Students of School of Medicine
For Faculty and Staff of School of Medicine
Shiffman Room Request Form
Please fill in the form and fax to (313) 577-6668. Faculty and Students of the College of Pharmacy and Health Science may use this form to request study rooms in the Applebaum Building.
Shiffman Medical Library has eleven (11) furnished study rooms equipped with whiteboards, dry erase markers, and erasers.
- Study Rooms are for use by WSU School of Medicine only. Requests from individuals holding 'Guest' library cards or from other WSU programs will not be honored.
- Rooms are assigned in three-hour blocks and may be used by either an individual or groups of 2 or more people. ROOMS #127 AND #132 can accommodate groups of 5-12.
- Shiffman Medical Library users are expected to behave in a manner consistent with the Wayne State University's Student Code of Conduct and prevailing community standards. For conduct code visit: www.doso.wayne.edu/codeofconduct.pdf
- Each Study Room may be checked out for a block of 3 hours and may be renewed if the room is not reserved by a different user.
- To reserve a room user(s) must show a valid WSU identification (WSU One card) for the School of Medicine. There are 2 rooms (#127 and #132) that can accommodate (5-12 students).
- Rooms can be reserved up to 4 days in advance. Reservations must be made in person. No phone reservations will be accepted.
- Rooms will be held for 20 minutes following time of reservation. After such time, the reservation is subject to cancellation and the room will be released to a different group.
- There is a $1 per hour fine when study room keys are not returned on time.
- The replacement of lost or unreturned keys is the responsibility of the individual who charged out the room. The fee for a lost key is $45.00.
- Service desk staff cannot supply the names of individuals who have checked out group study rooms.
- Ask service desk staff for markers and erasers if needed.
- Activities that are disruptive to others are not allowed in the group study rooms.
- Rooms cannot be reserved for meetings.
- ONLY covered/lidded, non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- Small packaged snack items only, and no deliveries, subject to change without notice.
- Anyone engaged in unpermitted activities will be asked to vacate the room and return the key.
- Violation of these guidelines will lead to loss of Study Room privileges.