Shiffman Medical Library
Study Rooms /
Room Reservation Request
Shiffman Medical Library has eleven (11) furnished study rooms equipped with whiteboards, dry erase markers, and erasers.
- Study Rooms are for use by WSU School of Medicine only. Requests from individuals holding 'Guest' library cards or from other WSU programs will not be honored.
- Rooms are assigned in three-hour blocks and may be used by either an individual or groups of 2 or more people. ROOMS #127 AND #132 can accommodate groups of 5-12.
- Shiffman Medical Library users are expected to behave in a manner consistent with the Wayne State University's Student Code of Conduct and prevailing community standards. For conduct code visit: www.doso.wayne.edu/codeofconduct.pdf
- Each Study Room may be checked out for a block of 3 hours and may be renewed if the room is not reserved by a different user.
- To reserve a room user(s) must show a valid WSU identification (WSU One card) for the School of Medicine. There are 2 rooms (#127 and #132) that can accommodate (5-12 students).
- Rooms can be reserved up to 4 days in advance. Reservations must be made in person. No phone reservations will be accepted.
- Rooms will be held for 20 minutes following time of reservation. After such time, the reservation is subject to cancellation and the room will be released to a different group.
- There is a $1 per hour fine when study room keys are not returned on time.
- The replacement of lost or unreturned keys is the responsibility of the individual who charged out the room. The fee for a lost key is $45.00.
- Service desk staff cannot supply the names of individuals who have checked out group study rooms.
- Ask service desk staff for markers and erasers if needed.
- Activities that are disruptive to others are not allowed in the group study rooms.
- Rooms cannot be reserved for meetings.
- ONLY covered/lidded, non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- Small packaged snack items only, and no deliveries, subject to change without notice.
- Anyone engaged in unpermitted activities will be asked to vacate the room and return the key.
- Violation of these guidelines will lead to loss of Study Room privileges.
For Faculty and Staff of:
School of Medicine
Shiffman Room Request Form
Please fill in the form and fax to (313) 577-6668. Faculty and Students of the College of Pharmacy and Health Science may use this form to request study rooms in the Applebaum Building.