Michigan eLibrary Catalog (MeLCat)
Need it fast? Try MeLCat first.
To request books. videos and DVDs that WSU Libraries do not own, you may choose to use the Michigan eLibrary Catalog (MeLCat), an online resource that combines the catalogs of numerous libraries in Michigan, including public, academic, and K-12 school libraries. Your requests will be delivered to the WSU Library Circulation Desk of your choice. You will be contacted through e-mail when the material arrives.
MeL can be searched directly from the catalog when a local search fails. Use the MeLCat request button in the catalog first when searching for books not owned by WSU.
- Books arrive routinely within 5 days of request
- Books are loaned to WSU students for 21 days with the possibility of one 21 day renewal.
- Videos and DVDs are loaned to WSU students for 7 days, with no renewal.
- Return the checked out item to any WSU library by the due date. We'll return it to it's home library, and you'll avoid library fines!
- Print: A courtesy notice will be emailed to patrons WSU email account (or other designated email on patron record) 7 days prior to item's due date.
- Media: No courtesy notice will be mailed.
Unlike borrowed WSULS material there is no maximum overdue fine for borrowed MeLcat items. Overdue items will continue to accrue late fines until the item(s) is returned or replaced if lost or stolen.
- Print Material: $0.25 per day
- Media Material: $1.00 per day
MeLCat Visiting Patron Service
Wayne State University Libraries participates in the MeLCat Visiting Patron Service. You may use your WSU OneCard to check out available materials in person from other participating libraries.
These materials will be listed on your My Library Account for you to check on the due dates and request renewals. You may return them to either a WSU library or the library you checked them out from.
If you have any questions about this service or your library account as it pertains to MeLcat please email us at email@example.com.