Best Bet
Digital Commons @ Wayne State
Books and Media
Digital Collections Search
Research Guides


Classroom Support
Events Support
Faculty/Grad Research Support
Interlibrary Loan
Room Reservations
Scholars Cooperative

Michigan Research Libraries Triangle (MRLT)

Graduate students from the three MRLT institutions (Wayne State University, University of Michigan, and Michigan State University) can receive guest borrowing privileges at any of the three universities.

  • Eligibility: You must be a currently enrolled graduate student in good standing with your own library. To receive a library card from one of the two other institutions WSU graduate students need to present a OneCard, another form of picture ID, and a form that verifies your status as a currently enrolled as a graduate student. Any of the University Libraries Services Desks will be able to provide you with the completed form once we verify your status.
  • Books must be returned by you directly to UM-Ann Arbor and UM-Flint. Books borrowed from MSU or UM-Dearborn can be returned to WSU Libraries and we will forward it through MeL delivery.
  • Books charged by you are subject to recall if requested by another borrower.
  • The cards will be good for one year. In order to renew borrowing privileges another verification form must be requested from WSU and presented at either UM or MSU within two weeks of receipt.
  • Failure to follow the guest borrowing policies and procedures may result in termination of privileges.
  • Libraries participating in the program include:
University Participating Libraries Phone
MSU All libraries, except MSU College of Law (517) 355-2333
UM-Ann Arbor All libraries within the University Library system. Independent libraries not currently participating include the Bentley Historical Library, Clements Library, Gerald Ford Library, Kresge Business Administration Library and the Law Library. (734) 764-0400
UM-Dearborn   (313) 593-5559
UM-Flint   (810) 762-3405
WSU All libraries (313) 577-4032

Information about specific participating library can be obtained by phoning one of the numbers above.

Faculty from the three institutions continue to have reciprocal borrowing privileges under the established guidelines. Check with the Circulation staff at the appropriate institution for further information.

Registration procedures for guest borrowing privileges at UM-Ann Arbor campus are only handled at the Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library, Circulation Services, 104 Hatcher North.